1970 Charger Registry Message Board
February 21, 2018, 04:06:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the 1970 Charger Registry Message Board. Visit the 1970 Charger Registry main site at www.1970chargerregistry.com

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help with rear power window quarter glass install  (Read 114 times)
logic2

EK2 / Sunroof R/T Go Wing Project

Email
« on: January 13, 2018, 09:41:44 PM »

While installing my rear quarter glass (Power windows), we quickly found out that this was a real PTIA.

1.) After a lot of twisting, turning and contortion, we finally got all the hardware bolted in and the power window switch connected (it worked great).
The regulator went up/down very quickly and without issue....but this was without the glass !

2.) After installing the rear quarter glass, the motor (NEW) would barely raise the glass (it was very slow) and (more importantly) would NOT raise it all the way forward or all the way to the top....even when we tried assisting by pulling it up manually while the electric motor engaged.  It seemed like it was in a bind but could not see any obvious issues.

It would stop a few inches before it was fully raised and would not go forward to meet the door glass.

3.) We slotted a few of the holes and moved the hardware forward and it helped a little but near enough.  Theres a 3-4" gap between the front and rear glass.

4.) I ordered new glass for a 68-70 Charger but is it possible they shipped me the wrong quarter glass ?

NOTE 1: In the photo below, the glass is raised as far as it will go.
NOTE 2: We went to the other side and the results were exactly the same.

Questions:
Could they have shipped me a rear quarter glass for a 70 Coronet ?  

Is the rear quarter glass for a 70 charger and coronet exactly the same ?

Thanks for any advice !

Mike

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:51:03 PM by logic2 » Logged
Dealer Demo
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 01:19:03 PM »

Glass is the same between all the cars with exception to the post models. These are very difficult to adjust. Look in the service manual and follow the directions for adjustment. New cat whiskers will make it hard for the window to move sometimes as well.

Kyle
70 Charger R/T Dealer Demonstrator
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat
2008 Ram 3500 Coal Burner
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: