1970 Charger Registry Message Board
January 22, 2018, 10:57:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the 1970 Charger Registry Message Board. Visit the 1970 Charger Registry main site at www.1970chargerregistry.com

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto shifter removal and general questions  (Read 329 times)
MrQuadratic

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 05:08:14 PM »

Thank you...
And here is a picture of the old one and the Classic industries side by side. New one has smaller letters and in the circle, a small but noticeable distortion.

And....I am having fun.
MrQuadratic

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2017, 10:59:36 AM »

Carpet is going in with help from my wonderful son. Bottom of seat have large washer spacer things.

But only one seat has them. Should I put them on both seats? Gee, I think they should be that way.
Dealer Demo
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2017, 11:03:40 AM »

Yes both seats use them. Only exception is if the car has a 6 way seat adjuster.

Kyle
70 Charger R/T Dealer Demonstrator
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat
2008 Ram 3500 Coal Burner
MrQuadratic

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2017, 12:59:58 PM »

Thank you again Dealer Demo, for your help.

Here is my son in action.

The carpet is from Trim Parts. The color is good. Fit is ok, a few waves/lumps.  Very good overall.
MrQuadratic

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2018, 11:48:58 PM »

Here is some 'advice'. I found cheap speed nuts, that actually work. After going to two autoparts stores, (AZ, and Advance), and two Lowe's, one Home Depot, one Hardware store...Finally, a LOWES had them.

And they work well on the console hinge.

MrQuadratic

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2018, 05:33:52 PM »

New wood grain on console

Let me add, I read about the cut-to-fit  overlay, and it shrinks. And mine was. So, I used thinner and cheaper Contact paper. Yup, because I could tuck it under the edge of the thin plate. Now, it probably won't hold up. The other stuff was thicker and more stick to it. Soooo, later, I will order a yard of the good stuff. But for now, this works.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:16:13 AM by MrQuadratic » Logged
MrQuadratic

Email
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 11:14:04 AM »

And now doing the front doors. Upper felts. AND. And putting a new mirror on the drivers side. Now, the original driver's mirror is weak, does not stay adjusted. And..I am enjoying this!!!

And I made matching large washers for the seat brackets.
And the old car smell is gone.
And I put new kick panels on. Now, the grain is off, but the fit is ok. For a driver, it's fine. And 1/2 the price of Y.O. they are Palco from Classic Industries. But the old ones.....SMELLED.....
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:09:16 PM by MrQuadratic » Logged
MrQuadratic

Email
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 10:47:07 PM »

Good, but real slow progress. The upper door pads are original, but have been dyed years ago. The drivers side need replacing.

Now, my next question is electrical, where is the horn relay, about time I fix that. According to the wiring diagram, it's under the dash.

I figure it's a whole lot easier to trace wires with the seats out!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:52:48 PM by MrQuadratic » Logged
MrQuadratic

Email
« Reply #23 on: Today at 11:54:10 AM »

It works!!!!
https://youtu.be/l0Pg502THB8?t=1

Next question, I am going to paint the cap and steering column to 'Bright Blue', so any advice on painting the horn cap? As in, do I remove the center emblem, or just mask it off?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: