1970 Charger Registry Message Board
December 13, 2017, 09:06:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the 1970 Charger Registry Message Board. Visit the 1970 Charger Registry main site at www.1970chargerregistry.com

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about correct side mirrors  (Read 151 times)
logic2

EK2 / Sunroof R/T Go Wing Project

Email
« on: October 08, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »

Hi
Were nearing the completion of the resto and Im looking for a correct set of side mirrors.
My charger came with both driver and passenger side mirrors.

I know the passenger side mirror is a little more rare, but I want to be sure whatever I buy is correct.

1.) Any suggestions where I can buy a correct set for my 70 R/T ?

Driver side chrome remote
Passenger side chrome

2.) Anybody have a clear photo of what they should both look like since I know there are plenty of fakes out there ?

Thanks in advance ?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:52:22 PM by logic2 » Logged
chrisrod

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 08:14:50 PM »

If I were going to join Sherman and Mr. Peabody in the Way-Back machine and go back to October 8, 1969, and order more options, I would have ordered (besides the Street Hemi that my "buddy" talked me out of), a right side mirror and rear seat shoulder harnesses.  Also ALMOST wish I's pass on the A34 4.10 Dana 60 Super Track Pack option; I marvel today that I used to take long interstate trips at 3,500-4,500 rpm (70-90 mph).  It makes me cringe today to even go 60 mph (3,000 rpm)!.  Understand, I didn't  give my "buddy" Bruce Hertz TOO much gas about the Street Hemi thing.  I mean, who knew, right?  And Bruce was one of my best friends for over 50 years; sadly, he passed away last year and I miss him dearly!  Once we realized the growing value of original Street Hemi cars many years ago, we laughed and cried about it frequently until he left us last year.

Chris Rodrigues
(chrisrod)
BROCK

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:22:13 PM »

1st we have to identify which mirrors are indicated on fender tag, build sheet & / or window sticker. If this is not an option: What mirrors do you have now? What is your build date (some mirrors were not available until later in production.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: