1970 Charger Registry Message Board
October 22, 2017, 06:01:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the 1970 Charger Registry Message Board. Visit the 1970 Charger Registry main site at www.1970chargerregistry.com

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting Pictures with Microsoft OneDrive.  (Read 89 times)
Avolow
Hall of Fame Member

WWW Email
« on: August 12, 2017, 11:41:08 AM »

Alright, for this to work you have to be in the web page for Microsoft OneDrive, not in your computers File Explorer OneDrive access.

To start using OneDrive you need to sign up for a Microsoft Account.  Some of you might already have one that you use to log into Windows when you turn on your systems or wake them from Sleep Mode.

There is plenty of information on this out there, so I am going to just skip to getting everything set up for using OneDrive to replace Photobucket for picture posting, so we can all get back to paying our membership dues. :-P

Due to the length of the pictures URL that, you may need to break up picture posts over a few forum posts since we are limited to 5000 characters per post. as was the case with posting this tutorial. 

First, open your web browser and go to https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/

This link seems to be country specific, so you may need to just google OneDrive login page and have the link direct you to the page for your region.

Once you are logged in it will look like this.

Right click anywhere in this area and select “New”, then select “Folder”.  Name the folder whatever you want (I named mine “1970 Dodge Charger Registry”)

Single click the folder to enter it.  From here it acts just like your file explorer and you can just drag and drop your pictures (or any file really) into the browser window.  You can even drag and drop multiple pictures.

When you first upload the picture it will look like this.  Give it a minute or two for it to auto update in OneDrive so that you have a thumbnail of the image.

If for some reason it doesn't, just click on it to select it.  It will try to download, but just click cancel so we can move to the next step. 

Once selected, click the "Embed" link at the top.

70 Charger 500, 04 SRT4, 04 Caravan, 70 VW Bug, 90 VW Cabrio

Yes my Charger is orange, NO it is not the General Lee.
http://www.1970ch
Avolow
Hall of Fame Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 11:41:38 AM »

Once it is a thumbnail you can also click on the picture to open it up in the browser, then again, click the embed link at the top.

Click the "Generate" link.

Click in the box with the URL and it will highlight everything.  Once highlighted right click and choose copy to get the link into your computers Clipboard.  If the area with the link looks different than the picture below, you have to wait till OneDrive recognizes it as an image, otherwise the link it provides will not show the picture.

Once in the Clipboard you can go to the Post editor and click on the Insert Image button.

This will put the following HTML code in the editor.

Then right click between the and and past the address that was copied.

It should look like this.

Repeat the steps for each individual picture you would like to post.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 11:46:18 AM by Avolow » Logged

Avolow
Hall of Fame Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 11:48:48 AM »

OPTIONALLY,

By making a selection in this field, you can control the size at which a picture displays in your post.  Careful with this one, it can make a good picture too small sometimes, but could be helpful with REALLY large images that display bigger than a browser window.

Avolow.

Plasma Nut
Hall of Fame Member

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 06:40:20 AM »

Great write up Av, thanks for taking the time to do this    Rich

70 charger 500, 07 Dodge Ram 1500 quadcab 80 RS Camaro 09 Pontiac G6
    Just another bump in the road of life!  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: